Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Coolant fail, advice needed.

Reactions
City
Barrow-in-Furness
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi S3 2014
Hi all, just got myself a 2014 S3 and love it, however today it let me down. It has developed a coolant leak, while stopped at junction I noticed steam coming from engine bay, I pulled up and opened the bonnet, the steam appeared to be coming from the back of the engine, I took off the plastic cover and found the coolant bubbling (see attached video). I read all the threads on here regarding water pump failure but that would mean a leak from the bottom of the engine not where I’m seeing it. Has anyone else seen this?

OP
Cycling_jonny
Reactions
City
Barrow-in-Furness
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi S3 2014
Thread Starter #2
Update, I called the AA out to look at this issue, they are pretty confident it is a failed ‘o’ ring on the turbo water return pipe that has failed causing water to squirt out onto the turbo manifold. I now just need to find the correct part number and change it out. Photo below is the pipe with the failed ‘o’ ring where it attaches to the engine.

Attachments