Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Audi S3 Quattro/Suspension/Coilovers/advice?

Jr_golden

Reactions
City
Peterborough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
i bought my car recently and noticed the suspension is not very good. So need to change the shock abosorbers fro front and rear. Juat need advice

RS3JM

Reactions
City
Reading
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2017 Audi RS3 400PS
I put Bilstein b16 coilovers on my RS3 after a failure from Mag ride shock, and springs snapping (pothole damage). Massive change in handling, and far better. Don't go cheap on this as a lot of people do. They are fully adjustable in height and ride quality. Get them setup by a garage and setup for how you want to car to drive and handle. Also look at some better wheels, stock wheels are cast. Have a look at forged and flow form wheels. The top mounts on these cars are next to useless, so expect them to be broken and can be changed. Be wary about going for track ones unless this is purely a track car, you will feel every bump in the road!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
full coilover. its what you should be getting.

OP
J
Reactions
City
Peterborough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #5
I put Bilstein b16 coilovers on my RS3 after a failure from Mag ride shock, and springs snapping (pothole damage). Massive change in handling, and far better. Don't go cheap on this as a lot of people do. They are fully adjustable in height and ride quality. Get them setup by a garage and setup for how you want to car to drive and handle. Also look at some better wheels, stock wheels are cast. Have a look at forged and flow form wheels. The top mounts on these cars are next to useless, so expect them to be broken and can be changed. Be wary about going for track ones unless this is purely a track car, you will feel every bump in the road!
oh okay, i was just looking at some blistein b14 and they cost about 965 for full coil over kit. I see why they are expensive ive been reading reviews on them. My shocks are definitely broken so im gonna try those. Thank you and i will avoid the track ones because im mainly looking for comfort

OP
J
Reactions
City
Peterborough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3
Thread Starter #6
Also does anyone know where i can get the bits separately?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i wouldnt do "blistein b14". just do silvers or bc racing coilovers.
but i would also say you should experience everything in life at least once to know how it all works.

oh okay, i was just looking at some blistein b14 and they cost about 965 for full coil over kit. I see why they are expensive ive been reading reviews on them. My shocks are definitely broken so im gonna try those. Thank you and i will avoid the track ones because im mainly looking for comfort